Term Sheet April 24, Softbank in Germany, Crypto Bets, and Brazil Rising
• Gaosi Education Group, a Beijing-based online education provider, raised $ 140 million in Series D funding. Warburg Pincus led the round. Read more.
• Selina, a New York-based hospitality startup, raised $ 100 million in Series C funding. It is now valued at $ 850 million. Access Industries led the round, and was joined by investors including Grupo Wiese and Colony Latam Partners
• Harness, a San Francisco-based continuous delivery-as-a-service platform, raised $ 60 million in Series B funding. IVP, Google Ventures, and ServiceNow Ventures led the round.
• VDOO Connected Trust Ltd., a Tel Aviv-based maker of security automation for embedded devices, raised $ 32 million in Series B funding. WRVI Capital and GGV Capital led the round, and was joined by investors including NTT DOCOMO and MS&AD Ventures.
• ZAGENO, a Cambridge, Mass.-based marketplace for lab supplies, raised $ 20 million in Series B funding. General Catalyst led the round.
• Astound, a Menlo Park, Calif.-based enterprise software company using AI on employee services, raised $ 15.5 million in Series B funding. March Capital Partners led the round, and was joined by investors including Vertex Ventures, Pelion Venture Partners, Moment Ventures, and the Slack Fund.
• CEIPAL, a Rochester, N.Y. and India-based SaaS platform automating business operations of staffing companies, raised $ 7.5 million in funding. Investors included Resolve Growth Partners and Mistral Venture Partners.
• Voiceflow, a Toronto-based voice app creation platform, raised $ 4.7 million (US$ 3.5 million) in a seed-stage funding. True Ventures led the round, and was joined by investors including ProductHunt founder Ryan Hoover, Eventbrite founders Julia and Kevin Hartz, InVision founder Clark Valberg, Webflow founder Vlad Magdalin, and Fancy founder Jack Einhorn.
• BlockGen Corp, a Boca Raton holding company for mortgage software provider LendGenuity and mortgage blockchain firm Block+Sovrin, raised an undisclosed amount i Series A funding. Cavatina Capital led the round, and was joined by investors including Charterhouse Strategic Partners.
• Deskforce a Jerusalem-based software consolidation service provider, raised an undisclosed amount in Series A funding. Cornerstone Venture Partners led the round.
• CI Security, a Seattle-based provider of managed detection and response solutions, raised $ 9.6 million in funding. East Seattle Partners led the round.
• Vital, an Atlanta, Ga.-based AI-powered software for patient health in hospital emergency rooms, raised $ 5.2 million in seed funding. First Round Capital and DFJ led the round.
• Northpass, a Parsippany, NJ-based provider of enterprise learning software to large and mid-sized SaaS businesses, raised $ 4 million in growth equity. Edison Partners led the round.
• Eightfold.ai, a Mountain View, Calif.-based firm using AI to find recruits, raised $ 28 million in a Series C funding. Foundation Capital and Lightspeed Ventures invested.
• Tellus, a electronic visit verification platform for home care, raised an undisclosed amount from investors led by Carroll Capital.
Copyright (2019) © LiveIndex.org